In the course of using this website or availing the products and services via the online application forms and questionnaires,Spectranet limited (SPECTRANET) may become privy to the personal information of its customers,including information that is of a confidential nature. We at SPECTRANET respect and give high priority to the privacy of all customers and are committed to maintaining the privacy and security of the personal information which is provided by its customers.
The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to explain how personal information is collected and processed in connection with our business. “Personal information” means information about a living individual who can be identified from that information (either by self or when it is combined with other information). We may update our Privacy Notice from time to time. When we do we will communicate any changes to you and publish the updated Privacy Notice on our website. We would encourage you to visit our website regularly to be aware of the purposes for which we process your information and your rights to control how we process it.
This privacy Notice (the “Privacy Notice” or “this Notice”) relates to all personal information processing activities carried out by SPECTRANET. SPECTRANET is a data controller of personal information collected and processed for our business (including the products and services that we provide). In this Notice, references to “we”, “us” or “our” refers to SPECTRANET while “you” and “your” means any business customer or partner (which includes suppliers or other organisations we do business with). In the case where an account, product or service has more than one holder, owner or signatory, “you” or “your” can refer to any, both or all of you.
Our principal address is Plot 36B, Mobolaji Johnson Avenue Oregun Industrial Estate Alausa Ikeja Lagos and our contact details can be accessed on our official website; www.spectranet.com.ng/
By entering this website you are consenting to the terms of our information privacy Notice and to our continued use of previously collected information. By submitting your personal information to us, you will be treated as having given your permission for the processing of your personal data as set out in this Notice.
1. Our site’s registration form requires you to give us contact information like your name and email address. We collect personal information from our customers on a voluntary basis. Personal information may include name, title, company, address, phone number, email address, and other relevant data.
2. At this website, information sent by your web browser, may be automatically collected.This information typically includes your domain name (the site after the @ in your e-mail address). It may also contain your user name (the name before the @ in your e-mail address). Other examples of information collected by our server include the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect the visitor’s computer to the Internet, operating system and platform, the average time spent on our website, pages viewed, information searched for, access times, websites visited before and a visitor visits our website, and other relevant statistics. The amount of information sent depends on the settings you have on your web browser; please refer to your browser if you want to learn what information it sends. Some of this information is also required in terms of the statutory obligations of the Company.
All such information will be used only to assist us in providing an effective service on this website. We may from time to time supply the owners or operators of third party websites from which it is possible to link to our website with information relating to the number of users linking to our website from such third party website. You cannot be identified from this information.
3. Sensitive personal data (also known as special categories of personal data) make up information we collect from you. In particular, we may process, biometric data, for services that require it. We process such sensitive personal data when you have provided your consent or otherwise required by applicable law and these information will be collected and processed only for the particular purposes and activities for which the information is provided.
SPECTRANET will limit the collection and use of customer information only on a need-to-know basis to deliver better service to the customers.
We collect and use personal information for business purposes in order:
- ● To seek your feedback or to contact you in relation to those services offered by us.
- ● To process orders or applications submitted by you.
- ● To administer or otherwise carry out our obligations in relation to any agreement you have with us.
- ● To anticipate and resolve problems with any goods or services supplied to you.
- ● To create products or services that may meet your needs.
SPECTRANET may use and share the information provided by the Customers with its affiliates andthird parties for providing services and any service-related activities such as collecting subscription fees for such services, and notifying or contacting the customers regarding any problem with, or the expiration of, such services. In this regard, it may be necessary to disclose the customer information to one or more agents and contractors of SPECTRANET and their sub-contractors, but such agents, contractors, and sub-contractors will be required to agree to use the information obtained from SPECTRANET only for these purposes.
SPECTRANET will not use, sell or share, with any one, any information collected at this page for direct marketing purposes.
When you provide your information to us, we will share your information based on the following requirements:
- ● It has your consent to share the information.
- ● It needs to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested and given your consent.
- ● It has to cooperate with the investigations of purported unlawful activities or in connection with security related or law enforcement investigations or in the course of cooperating with authorities or complying with legal requirements.
- ● It believes in good faith that such action is necessary to protect and defend the rights and related property of SPECTRANET and that of its customers.
- ● It uses reasonable precautions to keep the information disclosed to it secure.
- ● It finds necessary to act to protect the interests of SPECTRANET, its affiliates, or its members, constituents or of other persons.
Transfer of Your Personal data
SPECTRANET will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice and no transfer of your Personal data will take place to an organization or a country unless there are adequate controls in place including the security of your data and other personal information.
SPECTRANET will retain your Personal data only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice. We will retain and use your personal data to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your data to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies. We will retain and use your personal data to the extent necessary to comply with our contractual obligations with you and once our contract with you has come to an end (e.g. following retirement or closure of your account), we will only retain your personal data for a period that is, depending on the type of personal data, and the purposes for which we hold that information.
The Company will also retain usage data for internal analysis purposes. Usage data is generally retained for a shorter period, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Subject to applicable laws, Nigeria data protection regulations, you have the following rights:
- ● To request a copy of the personal data processed in relation to you
- ● To request that we correct your personal data
- ● To request us to delete your personal data, for example if we no longer have a valid reason to process it
- ● To object to how we process your personal data
- ● To restrict how your personal data is processed in certain cases, such as when the accuracy of your Personal data is contested
- ● To request a copy of the personal data you have given to us in a machine readable format
We may store some information such as cookies on your computer when you look at our website.Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to the hard drive of a visitor’s computer for record-keeping purposes. This information facilitates your use of our website and ensures that you do not need to re-enter your details every time you visit it. You can erase or choose to block this information from your computer if you want to; please refer to your browser settings to do so. Erasing or blocking such information may limit the range of features available to the visitor on our website. We use also use such information to provide visitors a personalized experience on our website. We may use such information to allow visitors to use the website without logging on upon returning, to autopopulate email forms, to make improvements and to better tailor our website to our visitors’ needs. We also use this information to verify that visitors meet the criteria required to process their requests.
Some cookies are required to make our website work, but we need your consent to use others.The cookie categories are:
|These cookies are required to run our website, to keep it secure, and to obey regulations that apply to us. These cookies are essential even if customer declines to the collection of cookies.
|These cookies remember your region or country, language, accessibility options and your settings.
|These cookies tell us how customers use our website. We study and profile this data to help us improve our products and performance
|These cookies help us decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you. We may use this data to tailor the ads you see on our own and other websites and apps.
We will always hold your information securely. To prevent unauthorized access to your information, we have implemented strong controls and security safeguards at the technical and operational levels. This site uses Secure Sockets Layer/Transport Layer Security (SSL/TLS) to ensure secure transmission of your personal data. You should see the padlock symbol in your URL address bar once successfully logged into the platform. The URL address will also start with https:// depicting a secure webpage. SSL applies encryption between two points such as your PC and the connecting server. To ensure that data is unreadable during transmission, encrypted data transmits during a session and decrypted at the receiving end.
Your information is confidential to any third party except under legal and/or regulatory conditions. You have the right to request sight of, and copies of all information we keep on you, if such requests made comply with the Freedom of Information Act and other relevant enactments. While SPECTRANET is responsible for safeguarding the information entrusted to us, your role in fulfilling confidentiality duties includes, but is not limited to, adopting and enforcing appropriate security measures such as nonsharing of passwords and other platform login details, adherence with physical security protocols on our premises, dealing with only authorized officers of the Agency.
Our Service does not address children. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal data from anyone that is a child without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
This Privacy Notice is made pursuant to the Nigeria Data Protection Regulation (2019) or any other relevant Nigerian laws, regulations or international conventions applicable to Nigeria. Where any provision of this Notice is inconsistent with a law, regulation or convention, such provision shall be subject to the overriding law, regulation or convention.
SPECTRANET strives to resolve your privacy complaints and concerns as quickly as possible. If you have a concern, complaint or questions regarding this Privacy Notice, you may contact us through the following means: